All tests must be scheduled in advance. At this time, we encourage you to prepare and acquire an at-home test for faster results, to free-up health care resources and to minimize spread. At-home test kits and testing locations are listed below.
AT-HOME TEST OPTIONS
Local public health recommends that you use an at-home test kit whenever possible. Home test kit results are reliable, accurate, and provide results within 15-30 minutes. Testing at home also prevents unnecessary exposure to potentially sick patients in healthcare and other public settings.
- FREE COVID AT-HOME TEST: The state of Colorado is distributing free Abbott BinaxNOW™ rapid antigen tests that show results within 15 minutes. Additional information about the program can be found below.
ORDER FREE COVID TEST >
- FOR PURCHASE AT-HOME TESTS: If you need a COVID-19 at-home test now, at-home test kits are also available for purchase online and from many local retail stores — such as City Market, Walmart and Walgreens. Call retail establishments in advance to determine if test kits are currently in stock.
I'm traveling and need a Rapid PCR test?If you are traveling and need a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or Rapid PCR test, view the list of local options found at the bottom of this page. Travelers can also use some of the following convenient, paid options:
HIGHLINE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS AT-HOME TESTING CONCIERGE
Learn more about local paid testing options
DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - PUBLIC TESTING LOCATION FOR TICKETED PASSENGERS:
XpresCheck, a public COVID testing site, is now open in the center of Concourse B, post security, at the Denver International Airport (DIA). You must have a boarding pass to access this location.
XpresCheck is open daily from 8:00am - 6:00pm
Phone: (720) 445-1368
They currently offer:
- Standard Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) tests - This PCR test is sent to an outside lab to check if the active virus is in your body. Results may take 3-5 days.
- Insurance accepted for lab fees only ($100)
- Results in patient portal in 48 - 96 hours
- Test price $75
- Rapid PCR tests - This RT-PCR test actually detects RNA that is specific to the COVID-19 virus and is run on-site to check if the active virus is in your body. Results are made available while you wait.
- Insurance not accepted
- Results delivered in as little as 60 minutes
- Test price $250
When should I get tested?We are experiencing a record high need for testing in our community. To prevent the continued spread of COVID and to best protect yourself and others during this surge, please keep in mind the following recommendations on when you should make an appointment to get tested.
IF YOU ARE SYMPTOMATIC:
Individuals who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested. If an appointment is not immediately available and your symptoms are minor, please stay home and assume COVID+. If your symptoms are severe, please visit an Urgent Care or the Emergency Department depending on the severity of the symptoms.
IF YOU ARE ASYMPTOMATIC:
If you have a known exposure but are not experiencing symptoms, please stay home and assume COVID+. We recommend individuals to use at-home COVID test kits when they are not experiencing symptoms and need a quick way to see test results. At-home test kits are available for purchase online and from many local retail stores — such as City Market, Walmart and Walgreens. There are also at-home tests available through Colorado’s Rapid At-Home COVID Program.
How and where should I get tested?Keeping at-home COVID test kits stored in preparation is the quickest way to see your test results — whether they are purchased at a local retail store or free through the Colorado State Government — and minimize spread. Eagle County Government, Vail Health, Colorado Mountain Medical and Mako Medical offer COVID-19 testing sites with and without a medical provider in convenient locations throughout Eagle County.
TESTING SITES & WITH A PROVIDER
Testing sites with location and appointment details are listed below under "FREE COVID-19 Testing Sites". If you would like to see a provider while getting your COVID-19 test, please schedule at one of the sites listed below under "Testing With Provider." Please note, if tested with a provider, you will accrue out of pocket fees for both the test and provider visit. Please contact your insurance carrier to inquire on how these fees are covered.
- ONLINE SCHEDULING REQUIRED FOR VAIL HEALTH SITES: Every person must schedule online if you would like a COVID-19 test through Vail Health. Please see instructions below under Avon and Vail to schedule your testing appointment.
- TESTING TURNAROUND TIMES: Vail Health and Colorado Mountain Medical (CMM) do not use rapid tests. Getting tested for COVID through us takes up to 24 hours for patients to see their results. Vail Health and CMM testing sites will be closed on all national holidays.